Hostwinds is like a complex machine made up of delicately placed moving parts. What’s that? Come up with a better simile to express the way Hostwinds functions? I’ll do you one better, folks, and I will come up with three better similes to describe Hostwinds.
- Hostwinds is like a beautiful painting created by impressionist painter Claude Monet, in which each stroke of the brush is calculated to bring tears to the eyes of anyone who gazes upon the masterpiece.
- Hostwinds is like a well-tended garden made up of the most hard-working flowers. These flowers make hosting procedures for their clients much easier by offering 24/7/365 support.
- Hostwinds is like a carefully organized house made of cards. This metaphorical house was super-glued together so it never falls and always remains robust/resilient.
What’s that? The second simile really went off the deep end?
Introducing the “Getting to Know the Hostwinds Family” blog series! In Part 1 of the series, we will be interviewing two of our billing representatives, Gus and Jamie. They are a power team. My name for their team is now Jamgus…or should it be Gusmie? Oh, no wait, even better:
Here are a few noteworthy things about Gamie.
P.S. Fair warning: I will be referring to Gus + Jamie as “Gamie” throughout this entire blog piece.
Let’s begin with Gus, as he is the head of billing. Gus is always thoughtful while he responds to our clients’ questions. He is also very wise.
Gus’ infinite wisdom summoned Jamie to the Hostwinds Family. Let me tell you, the Hostwinds Team is immensely thankful that Gus made the choice to hire Jamie…because she is a ray of sunshine.
P.S. It should be noted that Gus is also a ray of sunshine.
These two do a lot for our company, not just in terms of billing, but also in terms of making our office a happy place. Namely, the following:
Gus is the office culinary expert/food consultant, and he is quite generous. He is also the office Guru and gives excellent, sound advice.
P.S. Click the link below to view an epic cookie recipe from Gus:
Jamie is a professional and competent billing associate, but more importantly, she is a really wonderful human being. You can think of Jamie like the human version of a hug.
What’s that? You’re wondering how many similes and/or metaphors I am going to cram into this blog post? It is unclear at the present moment, so you’ll just have to see, you observant audience, you.
Here are my observations about Gus’ + Jamie’s incredible work ethic:
– Gamie is very patient, as they answer billing questions with a smile.
– Gamie is very articulate, as they write eloquent, polite, and professional responses to our clients.
– Gamie is very detailed-oriented and really hold down the fort here at Hostwinds.
Oh wait, one more!
– Gamie is hilarious. It is so true, and you will get to experience this first-hand by reading on.
Here is what occurred when we conducted an interview with the dynamic duo Gamie:
1. What is the most important thing about hosting that you have learned since working with Hostwinds?
Gus: “I’ve learned that getting more resources than you need when you set up a hosting account is a great idea. With hosting, you always want there to be more RAM, Disk Space, CPU, etc. than would be the bare minimum when you purchase a server. Processes can spike, needs can change, and businesses do grow. Setting up a server this way allows for growth and flexibility.”
Jamie: “Data loss can be devastating. Always keep backups!”
2. What is the most vital security measure to take when you host your website?
Gus: “In addition to anti-malware software, I would ensure there was a solution in place to auto-update my software. I would also avoid using third-party plugins for things like WordPress.”
Jamie: “Use secure email addresses and str0ng pa55w0rds.”
3. What is the question you receive most from clients and what is the answer to said question?
Gus: “‘I just paid, can you please reactivate my service?’ Generally, if someone was suspended for lack of payment, their services would automatically reactivate upon payment.”
4. What is an unknown fact about you or hidden talent you have?
Gus: “It’s so hidden that I don’t even know.”
Jamie: “I used to win a lot of radio contests. My favorite was a contest where you had to make the most convincing animal sound. I squealed like a monkey on-air and won a bunch of free tickets to the local zoo.”
5. What is the most important piece of information you think Hostwinds clients should know?
Gus: “This is the first company that I have worked with where the CEO has based every business decision based on whether or not it gave their clients a better experience.”
Jamie: “We do address all of our tickets in the order they are received. When ticket volumes are high, it can take a while for us to be able to provide a response to everyone. To ensure that you (and everyone else) get a faster response, it is important to only open one ticket per concern.”
6. What is the best movie of all time?
Jamie: “I don’t feel qualified to say what the best movie of all time is, but my favorite movie is Interstellar!”
7. What is the best service Hostwinds offers?
Gus: “There isn’t really an objective answer for this. Our services are built out to meet specific needs our clients have. I would recommend asking our sales team which type of service would best meet a given need, then work on sizing out the resources from there.”
Jamie: “The customer service. (See what I did there?) Every customer has different needs when it comes to the products we offer, but a great customer experience is valued by all.”
8. What is the best tool available to Hostwinds clients?
Gus: “Our Live Chat. The Front-Line staff that work our Live Chat are highly talented, friendly, and always happy to help.”
Jamie: “The Knowledge Base is so useful! There are countless articles on topics that I wouldn’t even think Hostwinds would cover. The information there is always available and can be a great way to find a fast solution.”
9. Do you know any funny tech jokes? If not, can you think of a good joke to tell?
Gus: “Internet Explorer still has the bravery to ask if you would like to use it as your default browser. Even after you have used it to download Chrome.”
Jamie: “It’s not a tech joke, but – I have a pen that can write underwater…and a lot of other words too. *ba dum tss*”
PAUSE as a result of a confession: It took me about a good 10 to 15 seconds of staring into space, contemplating this joke before I got it…and then I laughed profusely.
10. How would you describe the office culture at Hostwinds?
Jamie: “Everyone is just so dang nice and supportive! It has been so easy to feel comfortable here, even from day one.”
11. Is there any other information about our billing system or about Hostwinds services you would like clients to know?
Gus: “As a company, we are always looking to do things in new and better ways. Because of the way we structured our company, we are able to make changes quickly, and our clients’ feedback plays a huge role in the changes we make.”
Jamie: “As I mentioned earlier, we do address tickets in the order they are received. We aren’t ignoring anyone or trying to avoid giving an answer, we are simply helping the people who reached out first.”
12. What is your favorite part about working for Hostwinds?
Gus: “The people. It’s rare to work with such a talented, diverse group of people, and I feel I have become a better person for it.”
Jamie: “Hostwinds employees truly care about providing a great experience for our clients. While we do have to work within our policies, our main goal is always to take care of our customers!”
So true Jamie, so true.
Gus and Jamie are a real “Game Changer” (or should I say “Gamie Changer”) because they are selfless in terms of their commitment to serving our clients and our company. Gamie is a reflection of everyone on the Hostwinds Team because they genuinely want to help others. Gamie, in addition to the entire Hostwinds Team, want to be of service, and it shows.
It is important to all of us here at Hostwinds that we right by our clients, and we are resolute in providing them with the best possible hosting experiences. Whoa, this conclusion is, as the kids say these days, “deep.”
Surprise Gift for You: We will sign off with one of Gus’ recipes!
GUS’ GENIUS MEATLOAF RECIPE
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine all brown sugar and half of tomato paste (4 oz) into bowl.
- Combine all spicy Italian sausage (1/2 lb), all ground beef (1/2 lb), 4 cloves of minced garlic, 1 cup minced shallots, 1/2 tomatoe sauce (4 oz), 1/4 cup red wine, half of tomato paste (4 oz), 1 cup bread crumbs, 2 eggs, 2 Tbsp basil, 2 Tbsp oregano, 1 Tbsp chili powder, 2 Tbsp olive oil, salt, and pepper in large bowl.
- Place mixture into baking dish.
- Place half of tomato sauce (4 oz) and 1/2 cup minced shallots into medium-sized pan. Stir continuously and simmer until shallots are golden. Then add combined brown sugar and tomato paste to pan. Stir continuously and simmer until liquid begins to bubble, then add 1/4 cup red wine. Keep mixing. Simmer for a total of 10 minutes or so on low heat.
- Once glaze has thickened to your liking, pour over mixture in baking dish.
- Put baking dish into the oven and bake for 45 minutes or when beef has internal temperature of 150 degrees.
- Make sure to let meatloaf sit for at least 10 minutes.
On that note, we will say goodbye for now. Talk to you next time!