Have you ever noticed that if you tack an ‘L’ onto the existing ‘L’ in the English word ‘Alone,’ it becomes ‘AllOne?’ As in ‘We are ALL ONE?’ If you are feeling slightly alone during this very unique time, know that many others are too. More importantly, know that it doesn’t take much for us to all come together as one. Not to sound too esoteric, but we are all one.
How does this at all pertain to the topic of this blog post, you ask? Well, our team would like you to know that we are here to help you with your hosting anytime, and you have 24/7/365 support so you never feel alone throughout your hosting experience. On that note, Hostwinds offers Weebly Website Builder for all Shared and Business plans as well as WordPress Hosting (that is, hosting optimized for WordPress-made sites), and our skilled team is here to help you as you build your website using either CMS options.
You may be asking ‘Why?’ and/or ‘How?’. We offer 24/7/365 assistance for Shared, Business, and WordPress Hosting plans, so we are always here to give you guidance regardless of whether you are working with Weebly or WordPress. If you can’t decide if Weebly or WordPress is better for you, you came to the right place. This blog post explores the unique characteristics of WordPress and Weebly that make them different from one another.
What is a CMS (Content Management System)?
It seems appropriate to first understand exactly what a CMS is before diving into this WordPress, Weebly analysis.
A CMS, or Content Management System, is a software application that gives anyone and everyone the power to build a website from scratch without any coding necessary. How so, you ask? A CMS has an intuitive interface in which users can piece the various elements of their sites together.
WordPress is arguably the most popular CMS in existence at this time.
What is WordPress?
WordPress is an open source CMS that, according to our “How do I Optimize My WordPress Site?” blog post, “makes website building not only possible, but convenient for those who aren’t web developers. On top of that, there are nearly 1.5 billion plugins available for WordPress, about 50,000 of which are completely free.”
Click below if you would like to read the rest of that blog post:
WordPress is written in PHP and has been used to create millions of sites.
In addition, “All you need to do in order to get your WordPress site up and running is a 1. domain name and 2. a hosting provider.”
The above excerpt is from our “WordPress Child Themes & Why to Use Them” blog post. Click below to check it out!
Weebly Website Build is another very popular Content Management System.
What is Weebly?
The following definition from our “Glossary of Terms” guide succinctly defines Weebly:
“A drag-and-drop website builder known for its easy-to-use interface and always-modern styling that allows for building your site on their services and publishing directly to your selected location on your hosting plan. Great place to start if you’ve never designed a website before.”
That seems like enough preliminary information to get us started. It is time to examine what characteristics distinguish WordPress from Weebly.
WordPress VS Weebly
Getting straight to the point here – The following list will help you decide whether you may want to use WordPress over Weebly to build your site or visa versa:
- WordPress gives you more options in terms of what sorts of websites you can create
- Weebly is much easier to get started with as a CMS beginner, and it is a bit more user-friendly
- WordPress offers more flexibility to customize your site
- Weebly’s security is unparalleled, and it takes care of security measures for you
- You have more control over your site with WordPress. For example, its exporting options are more convenient than those of Weebly
- Weebly offers wonderful newsletter options
- Updates are trickier with WordPress because it is imperative that you also remember to update your template (You have to be the one to do this, as WordPress will not automatically do it for you)
- Weebly is more limited in terms of editing the back-end code, whereas with WordPress, the sky is the limit
- Weebly makes it easy to swap one theme out for the other if you so choose
- WordPress offers more applications
- Weebly includes more marketing features
- WordPress began as a blogging application, so naturally its blogging options are vast and phenomenal
- Weebly is terrific for eCommerce, however, WordPress is still a contender in this area as well
- WordPress has thousands of themes available, whereas Weebly has hundreds
- Weebly has SEO tools that are quite useful (This includes the option to make URLs and add meta descriptions specifically for improving your site’s SEO)
What About Support?
Both WordPress and Weebly have fantastic support options. Weebly’s support entails 24/7 technical support, so it stands out in this arena.
That said, WordPress’ massive support community is astounding in terms of the help you can get. A multitude of WordPress experts are active in the community and help newbies within forums often.
From here the choice is yours, dear friends. This assessment of WordPress and Weebly features is coming to an end. Regardless of what CMS you decide on, Hostwinds will be happy to provide you with quality hosting to ensure your CMS-built site is running seamlessly all day, every day.
RELATED: WordPress Child Theme Blog Post
RELATED: Weebly Website Builder Blog Post
RELATED: WordPress Features Overview Guide
Hostwinds is Here to Help No Matter Which CMS You Choose
If you are newer to website building and need something that makes it easy to get the job done quickly, Weebly is the answer. If you are interested in customization and advanced features, choose WordPress. Either way, Hostwinds has a hosting option for you! As stated above, Hostwinds Shared & Business Hosting includes Weebly, and we provide WordPress Hosting as well. Additionally, Hostwinds Shared, Business, and WordPress Hosting plans all come with complementary 24/7/365 support to back you up as you build.
Click below to review details about our Shared or Business Hosting:
Click below to review details about our WordPress Hosting:
Comment below with any questions or thoughts you may have! Have a nice day, and remember, you aren’t alone out there. None of us are.