You may need to add contacts and sub-accounts to your client area now or at some time in the future. This feature allows others to log in via the Hostwinds Client Area to open tickets, pay invoices or make changes within your account and allows the subaccount to use their own username and password. What each sub-account can do is entirely up to you and this is set up when you create the account itself.
Add More Contacts/Sub Accounts
1. Log in to your Client Area
2. Click on your name at the top right and select “Contacts/Sub-Accounts” from the drop-down menu
3. On the new page that opens, fill in as much contact information as you like.
Keep in mind that for Billing Contacts we do need a full name and a complete physical address
4. If you wish to grant access to the client area and allow the new contact permissions to make changes, check the “Activate Sub-Account” box. After doing this you can assign them a password and grant them the permissions you feel are required for the user.
5. Under “Email Preferences” use the checkboxes to designate what emails this new contact or sub-account will receive.
6. Once you’ve done this you simply click the “Save Changes’ button to complete adding the new contact.
How to Delete a Contact/Sub Account
Follow steps 1 -2 from further up in this article.
Then using the “Choose Contact” drop-down, select the Contact/Sub Account you wish to delete
After selecting the Contact/Sub Account that needs to be deleted, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the red “Delete Contact” button
If you do have any questions or any help, you are always welcome to open a support ticket or contact us in a Live Chat 24/7/365. We are always ready to help.