You are free to use whatever payment method you wish on your account. With that being said, keep in mind that if you are using someone else’s payment method to pay for your services, there is no way for you to prove that you had permission to use said payment method.
This could mean that if your friend were to, later on, indicate that they had not agreed to make any payments on your account, we would have to treat the account as fraud and terminate it.
We will always strongly recommend that you only use payment methods that belong to you. Keep in mind that if you are short on funds, your friend can easily transfer funds from their Credit Card or PayPal account to your own.
[notification type=”alert-danger” close=”false” ]
Important Notes When Using A Friends Payment Methods:
- Your services are at the mercy of your friend’s credit card, and if ever deemed as fraud, will be terminated
- Should we require information regarding the current payment on file, delays may proceed as you will have to request your friend for potential information
- It’s just as easy to request your friend to fund your current payment method via a credit card or Paypal transfer and leaves you with far less risk
Helpful Related Articles
- What Payment Methods does Hostwinds Accept?
- How Do I Change My Credit Card On File?
- Is There Automatic Credit Card Updating?
- Why Have I Been Manually Held for Review?