Hostwinds makes it easy to manage any of your domains that you have registered with us. To navigate to your domains, log into Hostwinds > Domains > and select “My Domains”.
Once you have navigated to your “My Domains” section, select the domain you wish to manage by clicking on the wrench.
This will load the specific domains management page with multiple available options to pick from.
Manage Column Options
- Auto Renew: Manage whether or not you want your domain to automatically renew or not. By default, auto-renew is enabled and will have to be manually disabled if desired. Please be mindful, auto-renew is meant to deter the possibility of you losing your domain, as a domain can expire if not renewed under your current account. If a domain expires, you run the risk of losing your domain to another register.
- Nameservers: By default, when a domain is registered at Hostwinds, “use default nameservers” will typically be selected. These nameservers do not point to any current hosting you may have, and will need to be edited accordingly. Provided you know your nameserver (provided in product email if with Hostwinds), choose “use custom nameservers” and save below when done. Once configured, your domain will start to propagate to the desired hosting service.
- Register Lock: Register lock status by default is enabled to prevent the accidental case of the domain transferring away for any reason. This is a safety precaution to enforce the awareness of any transfer that one may persue to a different registrar.
- Addons: The “Addon” option here presents ID Protection to be purchased for your domain, blocking out your registration information from a whois check. At this time, ID protection is the only available addon, but this area will provide more options should the need arise.
- Contact Information: This area will edit details for the registrant, contact, admin and tech contacts for the domain. All this information must be accurate for domains to not only be registered, but remain current under ICANN regulations.
- Private Nameservers: A custom nameserver is basically an alias for your actual nameservers. You can change your nameserver for which a domain is registered with Hostwinds, to that domain name representing the nameserver. If your domain is registered elsewhere, you’ll need to check with their support about setting up custom nameservers.
- Get EPP Code: Transferring a domain will require an EPP code be provided to the new host. An EPP code is emailed to the registered email on file with Hostwinds upon request after clicking on “Get EPP Code”.