With the services Hostwind provides, ticket-based technical support for the items covered under our Tiers of Support is provided at no extra cost.
Beyond this, Hostwinds would not provide support for custom scripts, third-party software, or development-related work of any kind. Nor would Hostwinds be able to provide support for services held with third-party providers.
To better serve our clientele on a global basis, Hostwinds is not closed for any holidays, and would be open twenty-four hours a day and three hundred sixty-five days a year.
The list below details when specific types of support are available:
- Live Chat Support is available 24/7 a week and 365 days a year
- Phone support is available 24/7 a week and 365 days a year
- Ticket support is available 24/7 a week and 365 days a year
- Billing Support is available from 7 am PST to 4 PM PST Mon-Fri and 8 am PST to 2 PM PST Sat-Sun
Our support teams will always work to respond to each ticket as soon as possible, however, tickets are worked in the order in which they are received.
Hostwinds promises a 99.9999% Uptime Guarantee This means that the network we use and the power for it would be up with no downtime exceeding 31.6 seconds in a year.
If our network should go down or the power for it is lost, a Hostwinds Account Credit will be issued, upon request made in a ticket for the cost of the whole day(s) affected by that downtime.
This would exclude services such as SSLs, Domain name registrations, and Software licenses.
Hostwinds Account Credit would only be issued under this SLA for downtime directly related to connectivity to our network and power. Beyond this, no Account Credits would be issued for service interruptions as caused by:
- Any Scheduled or Emergency Maintenance
- A given ISP or other third parties blocking connection in any way
- Configurations as set by default or the account owner on a given service
- Actions taken by the Account Owner
- Suspensions/Terminations as resulting from a lack of payment, violations of our Terms of Service, or possible fraud
This uptime guarantee would only apply to the ability to connect and access our network; only the inability to do so would be considered “downtime” per this guarantee.
Third-party software, code, scripts, or other content that may be held on our services would be the responsibility of the account owner only.