By default, all domains registered with Hoswinds will automatically renew two weeks before their expiration dates. This way, you never have a disruption in your website due to the domain having expired or being sold off before the expiration date.
Sometimes, however, you no longer need a particular domain to renew. Hostwinds allows you to disable the auto-renewal for domain names only through the Client Area on our website. In order to disable the auto-renewal of any of your domain names, follow the steps below:
1. From the Client Area, select the Domains drop-down link.
2. Select the My Domains option at the top of the drop down.
This will take you to the My Domains section of the Hostwinds Client Area. Here you can see all of your domains, their next due date, their status, and whether they will auto-renew or not.
Here you can check whether the domain is currently set to auto renew. If it states Disabled, then auto renew is currently disabled and there’s nothing else to do. If it states Enabled, as in our Example, continue to Step 3.
3. To the far right of the domain is a wrench icon and a drop down arrow. Click on the drop down arrow to see a list of management options for your domain.
4. Select the Auto Renewal Status option in the drop down arrow.
5. Click on the Disable Auto Renew button to the far right of the domain name once to disable auto renewal.
If the auto renewal was successfully disabled, you will be able to check in three areas once the page refreshes automatically.
What if an invoice was already generated for the renewal?
Please still follow the steps above and then open a ticket to Billing with a request that the domain renewal invoice is cancelled.