DDoS Protection Management
Quick Navigation Links
When you purchase DDoS protection on your Cloud Instance or Dedicated Server, you can easily manage your DDoS protected IPs from your Hostwinds client area.
Accessing DDoS Protection Management
To access DDoS protection management, log in to your client area. Now look at the top navigation and press the down arrow next to Cloud Control > DDOS Protection as shown below:
Once you’ve done this, you should see another dropdown selection. Here you’ll select the service that your DDoS protection applies to. Of course, if you have only one DDoS protected service, the default selection will already be applied.
Managing Protection Levels
Below the selected service, you’ll see the list of protected IPs for that service. Beside each IP, the current protection mode, Level 7 Protection status and SSL Level 7 status will all be displayed.
At the far right, you’ll have the options to edit the protection levels and add an SSL to your Layer 7 protection.
The two protection modes you can choose from are Active and Sensor:
- Active: IP is actively protected against potential DDoS attacks. This will result in possible good traffic being filtered and is advised to only be used in the event of a recent attack or probable attacks.
- Sensor: Protection is disabled and in the event of an attack the protection will automatically re-enable.
Level 7 Protection and SSLs
Layer 7 Filtering offers 2 protection modes to control the protection level of Layer 7 filter:
- Off: Protection for Layer 7 is not enabled
- On: Layer 7 protection is enabled
When Layer 7 protection is enabled, any SSLs your website is using on your web server won’t function correctly. In order for your SSL to function as intended when someone visits your site, you need to add the SSL certificate to your Layer 7 protection.
How Do I Add an SSL to My Layer 7 Protection?
Simply click the Add SSL next to your protected IP. And now paste the Private Key and Public Certificate for your SSL for the website that is hosted on that IP address.
- DDoS Protection Overview
- Protecting Your Origin IP To Prevent DDOS Attack with Cloudflare
- Configure BIND Server
- Cloud Instance Overview