Our policy is to issue refunds for services when applicable under our 60 Day Money Back Guarantee. However, as Skrill/MoneyBookers and Cryptocurrency are non-refundable they would be issued back as an Account Credit.
*If the original payment method is no longer able to be refunded to, as a result of the transaction’s age, the Credit Card having been canceled, or the PayPal account being closed, an Account Credit would be issued.
What Is the 60 Day Money Back Guarantee?
The 60 Day Money Back Guarantee is a way to get a quick taste of how one of our hosting products works, allowing for an informed decision to be made on whether or not to make a bigger commitment.
To qualify for a refund per our 60 Day Money Back Guarantee, the service would have to be:
- • Canceled within 60 days of purchase
- • The first service purchased on the account
- • One of our Shared Hosting, Business Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPN Hosting, or ShoutCast Hosting offerings
The Guarantee would not allow for refunds of additional services.
Full details of our 60 Day Money Back Guarantee can be found in our Terms of Service
Important Note: The only time we guarantee a refund is via the 60 Day Money Back Guarantee, outside of that typically payments are non-refundable per the “Payments” section of our Terms of Service which states the below:
“All fees are non-refundable when paid unless otherwise stated.“
What Products can be Refunded per our 60 Day Money Back Guarantee?
• Shared Hosting • Business Hosting • Reseller Hosting • VPN Hosting • ShoutCast Hosting
What Products cannot be Refunded?
• Domains • Software Licenses • SSL’s • Services Performed • IP Addresses
• Product Upgrades • Virtual Private Servers • Cloud Servers • Dedicated Servers
• Any Services or Products that are Billed on an hourly basis • Product Add-ons of any kind
• Any services paid for through Skrill or Cryptocurrency
Do I still get a Refund if I received a Free Domain?
If a Free Domain with purchase of a year or more of Shared or Business Hosting has been received, any refund that would be applicable per our 60 Day Money Back Guarantee would still be issued. However, the retail price of that domain would be deducted from the refund amount.
Do I get a refund if I cancel early?
Unless the service qualifies under our 60 Day Money Back Guarantee, there would not be a refund for early cancellations. This is detailed fully in our article, What Happens If I Cancel Early?
How Do I Request A Refund?
You will need to first cancel your service through the Client Area, within the first 60 days of use.
After this, a ticket requesting a refund must be opened within 30 days of completing the cancellation.
If your cancellation is completed within the first 30 days you can receive a refund for the whole first 30 days. If you are in your second month of service when you cancel you will receive a refund for that month.
- •Hostwinds does not issue refunds through Cryptocurrency or Skrill. If you were to purchase a service using either of those payment methods and qualify for a refund, said refund would be issued as an Account Credit.
- •If you forget a to cancel a service and it renews and you are outside of the 60 Day Money Back Guarantee we would not be able to refund you.
What If My PayPal Subscription Was Sending Extra Payments For Months?
Please feel free to follow this link, to learn more about what can be done when this happens.