What is an Abuse Complaint?
An abuse complaint happens when someone complains about some portion of your website or services. We will forward you the information about the report that we receive so that you can resolve the issue and prevent the services from being suspended.
Why Am I Receiving This?
- Your site has either been Hacked
- You are hosting Malware or Malicious Pages
- You host Copyrighted content
- You’ve been sending Spam Email
What Should I Do About It?
- If your ticket is related to being defaced, please contact us for assistance in cleaning up your website and restoring it to normal. Usually we will ask for a backup to restore the backup from, as well as permission to run a malware scan on the account.
- If your ticket is related to hosting malware, we ask you please remove it immediately as malicious content is not allowed
- If you are hosting copyrighted content (such as company logos or other material) then you will be asked politely to remove the content
- If your ticket includes email headers, then someone has complained about mail coming from your server and categorized it as Spam. Hostwinds has a Zero Tolerance policy against Spam from our servers.
- Terms of Service – Shows our policies of what we do, and do not allow to be done on our services.