Our Shared and Business plans offers functional features within your services portal that you wouldn’t normally have with our VPS, Cloud or Dedicated Servers. This is a quick, easy way to access many of the features for your Shared Hosting or Business Hosting account. This guide will outline the features of managing your Shared Web Hosting or Business Web Hosting Services.
To follow this guide, login to your account at https://clients.hostwinds.com and then select manage next to your Product/Service.
Once you select Manage next to your shared or business hosting package, you’ll be presented with screen similar to the one below.
- Information: This will populate the home page of your shared or business hosting plan (Main page)
- Addons: Available addons can be reviewed in this section. Addons included generally are Advanced Website Monitoring and Web Hosting Cloud Backups
- Login to cPanel: Quickly log into your cPanel from this link. This can be very helpful if you’re unable to log in manually with what is provided in your welcome email
- Login to Webmail: Quickly log into your Webmail from this location. Just like Login to cPanel, this is great for quick logins or troubleshooting manual connection via Webmail URL
- Change Password: Provides ability to quickly change password to your cPanel
- Upgrade/Downgrade: The first option of upgrading provides the ability to upgrade to the higher tiered plan. For example, if you purchased basic hosting (hosts only 1 domain), and you would like to host 2-4 domains, upgrade from here to the shared advanced and shared ultimate
Any outstanding invoice will require payment prior to upgrading your package.
- Upgrade/Downgrade Options: Typically used for extra addons. As more available options are added, they’ll appear here
- Change Domain: This will change your primary domain name associated with your cPanel account. However, this only changes the name itself and not associated files or your cPanel account username
- Request Cancellation: All of our hosting products will have this option as this is how you begin your cancellation of selected product with Hostwinds. For further steps on how to cancel, please proceed here
- Examination of your product name and primary domain associated. Quickly navigate to your primary domain website or look up Whois information.
Addons & Extras (4)
- Quickly review and apply available addons to your shared and/or business hosting package
Usage Statistics (5)
- Quickly review your products current disk usage and bandwidth usage
Quick Shortcuts provide easy management options also provided in your cPanel account. Listed under Quick Shortcuts are among the more popular options, providing the ability to create email accounts (example) quickly.
- Email Accounts: Create email accounts for domains hosted with your cPanel service
- Forwarders: Have your emails forwarded to another useful email of your choice upon creation
- Autoresponders: Configure auto responses from your email accounts
- File Manager: Quickly navigate to your File Manager, where all of your domain files will be located or uploaded to
The public_html directory will be your root folder for populating your website to the web in this environment
- Backup: Take a back up locally of your cPanel
- Subdomains Create subdomains for your website(s)
- Addon Domains: Add more domains to your services (Basic hosts up-to 1, Advanced hosts 1-4, Ultimate hosts unlimited)
- Cron Jobs: Create Cron Jobs to perform at certain times
- MySQL Databases: Create your databases quickly from here
- phpMyAdmin: Quickly access your phpMyAdmin area from here to access your databases for editing or reviewing
- AwStats: Examination of useful tools used to monitor traffic of your hosted website(s)
Billing Overview will show your First Payment Amount (promo price typically), Recurring Amount, Billing Cycle, Payment Method, Registration Date and Next Due Date. This can be incredibly handy when examining this specific hosting package billing information. Furthermore, you can check the location of your service under configurable options which will be either Seattle or Dallas.
Helpful Related Articles
- Shared Hosting Overview
- Business Hosting Overview
- Getting Started With Hostwinds
- Client Area Overview