How to Enable Automatic Updates Using Softaculous?
Softaculous can help you keep most applications up to date to with the latest versions. Keeping software up to date is not only considered best practice, but can also be critical for a web based application, such as WordPress. The following guide will show you how to enable automatic updates/upgrades for most applications that are installed using Softaculous.
Note: By default, Softaculous should automatically update itself every 24 hours.
Enabling Automatic upgrades
To enable this feature for any application that supports it, follow the steps listed below.
Note: These steps assume that you’re already logged into cPanel.
Note: This example shows specifically how to enable this feature for WordPress.
- Navigate to Home > Software > Softaculous Apps Installer
- Click on the All Installations icon
- Click on the Edit Details icon which should look like a pencil
- Scroll down and select the checkbox next to Auto Upgrade
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save Installation Details