Hostwinds is an infrastructure provider with many data centers and many, many clients. There may be a time that you need to contact us in regards to an Abuse related complaint so that our Dedicated Abuse Team can communicate your complaint with our client.
You can submit an abuse report for Hostwinds IPs as plain text emails to abuse[at]hostwinds.com
For better internal routing and automatic assignment to the responsible party, please include as much of the following as possible:
- The IP address provided in the body of your email message with a space on each side.
- Do not include any special characters before or after the IP Address in the body of the email message.
- The nature of the abuse (DMCA, spam emails, phishing webpages, etc.)
- Full email headers, logs, or a link to the offending web content
An example of including the IP Address with special characters before or after the IP Address in the body of the email:
An example of including the IP Address with no special characters before and after the IP Address in the body of the email:
The email sent (subject and body, not sender address) will become a ticket on the Hostwinds client account.
Please make sure you do not include any of your personal information to the suspected abuser when sending your email. Personally identifiable information includes items such as the following:
- Email Signature
- Your Name
- Your Email Address
- Your Phone Number
- Any personally identifiable information
- Any other information you do not want to share with the suspected abuser
Your Email Address
Your Phone Number
Any personally identifiable information
Any other information you do not want to share with the suspected abuser
Our Abuse System will not accept attachments. Make sure the body of the email has all of the relevant details, as mentioned above.
You will not get a reply to the email or a follow-up on any action taken.
If the abuse continues after 24 hours, please submit additional Abuse Reports.