When visiting your ticket status page through your Hostwinds Client Area by going to Support > Tickets in the menu bar, you’ll notice a ticket status column that indicates the Status of your tickets. We’ll visit each status and explain what it means in a bit more detail.
- Open: A ticket marked as Open has just been opened and hasn’t been assigned to Hostwinds staff yet.
- Customer Reply: A ticket marked as Customer Reply has just been replied to by you, and will be responded to by Hostwinds staff.
- On Hold: A ticket marked as On Hold is waiting for Hostwinds to begin working on. It will be attended to in the order it was received you will receive an update as soon as possible.
- In Progress: A ticket marked as In Progress is actively being worked on by Hostwinds staff.
- Answered: A ticket marked as Answered was last replied to by Hostwinds staff and the work is complete, or the ticket is awaiting your reply.
- Closed: A ticket is marked as closed once the issue is resolved, or there has not been any activity on the ticket for a long enough time.
My Ticket Was Closed, What Can I Do?
You can always reopen an Answered or Closed ticket simply by replying to it. This will put it back in On Hold status
- View Past Tickets – View all of your past tickets
- How to Submit a Support Ticket – Instructions for how to submit a new support ticket to Technical Support, Billing or Sales. This is also where any migration requests can be submitted once you have purchased your new web hosting service
- Why Does Hostwinds use a Ticketing System – Important information on why Hostwinds uses a ticketing system
- View Open Ticket – Instructions for how to view open tickets you have with Hostwinds