Why Does My Site Say Connection Times Out?
A connection timed out error normally happens when a server takes longer to load than what your browser is set to allow. However, it can also occur due to hardware errors, data request errors, or if the server being requested doesn’t exist or if it hits a roadblock (like your router being too busy with other connections).
How Do I Fix A Connection Timed Out Error?
The first thing you should do is clear your browser’s cache and cookies and see if that solves the problem. If you have any plugins or extensions on your browser, turn them off and try again, as one of them may be interfering and causing the error to occur. Lastly, try changing your browser’s default DNS it uses to OpenDNS or Google’s public DNS server.
Other Useful Articles To Review If Your Website Is Not Loading
- Common Reasons A Website Is Not Loading
- What To Do When You Site Is Down
- How To Clear Your Cache
- How To Flush Your DNS Cache
Helpful Related Articles
- Hostwinds Client Area Overview
- How To Submit A Support Ticket
- Optimize Website Using .htaccess
- My Server Is Pinging Fine, But My Website Is Not Loading