What is Apache Mod_userdir?
Apache Mod_userdir is a way to access a user’s website through a URL that contains the cPanel user name. For example, you can set it up so your website can be accessed through various ways, including:
This can be useful to review your website redesign, your website migration to a new server or you just want to access your account through your web browser in another way.
You can allow users to visit your website by using the mod_userdir Apache mod as a temporary URL. This will allow the URL to function even when no DNS configuration has been set or the domain has not been pointed.
How do I setup an Apache mod_userdir through WHM?
To setup an Apache mod_userdir follow these steps:
- Log in to your WHM account
- Click on the Security Center button
- Click on the Apache mod_userdir Tweak button
- Ensure that the checkbox next to Enable mod_userdir Protection is checked
- Enter the name of the user you want for the corresponding host
- Click the Save button