How can I automatically have dedicated IPs assigned to cPanel accounts?
To automatically have an IP address assigned during cPanel account creation, you’ll need to create a custom package.
Note: You’ll need to have additional unused IP addresses for this to work. This guide also implies that you’re already logged into WHM.
- Using the search box in WHM, type in the word “package”
- From the matches that populate below the search bar select “Add a Package”
- You can also click on Packages
- Select “Add a Package”
- Set the “Package Name” to something that will help you identify the package later
- You can set various options or limits that can be put in place during account creation, however to assign a dedicated IP scroll to the bottom and locate the Settings section
- Click the checkbox next to “Dedicated IP”
- Click the “Add” button at the bottom of the page to save your package
- Again using the search bar in WHM, type in the word “create”
- From the matches that populate below the search bar select ‘Create a New Account”
- Fill in the necessary information for the cPanel account and scroll down to the Package section
- In the Package section, select the package that we created earlier from the dropdown list
- Once you’ve entered in all of the necessary information for the account click the “Create” button at the bottom of the page