Hostwinds is able to offer our new Shared web hosting and Business web hosting clients an SSL provided by cPanel with any newly purchased Hosting account. As soon as you sign up for a new account, you will receive an SSL Certificate automatically within 24 hours. This is a fantastic feature and we are proud to offer this feature on any new shared hosting and business web hosting packages.
- Automatic installation of an SSL certificate for your domain name
- FREE SSL protects your websites
- Domain Validated SSL certificate
- Automatic reinstallation of a new SSL at time of expiration
- Green Lock in Firefox, Google Chrome and Chromium
- Can secure a maximum of 200 domains per certificate
- Includes www. and mail.
- AutoSSL replaces certificates with overly-weak security settings (for example, an RSA modulus of 512-bit or less)
- Safari and Microsoft Edge show a grey lock
- Only includes domains and subdomains that pass a Domain Control Validation (DCV) test
- Does not secure wildcard domains
- AutoSSL does not attempt to replace preexisting certificates that it did not issue. This behavior ensures that AutoSSL-provided certificates do not unexpectedly replace Extended Validation (EV) and Organizational Validation (OV) certificates from a certificate authority (CA) with AutoSSL-provided certificates.
- How to Purchase an SSL Certificate from Hostwinds
- Free SSL from Let’s Encrypt
- Steps to Install and Setup an SSL from Scratch
- Adding an SSL Certificate
- Redirect to Use the SSL Connection (https)
- SSL Lock is Not Displaying
- What is an SSL Certificate?
If you do have any questions about your website and SSL certificate, you can contact us 24/7/265 via Live Chat, give us a phone call or submit a ticket to our support team. We are always happy to help you.