What is a CentOS Web Panel Account?
CentOS Web Panel (CWP) is similar to other control panels in that your main/root account controls the various global aspects of a server, and user accounts manage the websites, and website specific settings for the domains created under the account. The best analogy would be that a Panel Account is the equivalent to a cPanel account for a server running WHM.
How do I create a CWP User Account?
First, you would need to sign into your CentOS Web Panel admin account. You can do so by navigating to your dedicated IP:2030, for example if your IP address was 220.127.116.11 then you would go to.
You will be presented with a login screen shown below, enter the following information;
- root for the username
- The root password for your account
- Finish by clicking ‘login’
Once logged in, you will see the CWP Admin Dashboard, to create a new account, follow the steps listed and shown below.
- Click “User Accounts”
- Click “New Account”
On the next page, there are many options fill in each textbox with the requested information.
- The domain name you want set as the primary for this account, do not include www.
- The username for this account, this will be for logging in, as well as FTP.
- The password for this account, choose a secure, alphanumeric password, using symbols when possible.
- The administrator email – You can use an address that doesn’t exist yet for the domain you are creating, or you can use an offsite email address for disaster recovery purposes.
- Select the package, default is the included package, you can select a custom package, or use the default.
- The inode limit, this is a total file/folder count limitation you can place on an account.
- The process limit is the total amount of concurrent processes to allow to run on this account.
- Total open file count is the amount of files this account can access at any given time.
- Additional Options:
- Backup user account – Will include this account in any system backups ran.
- Shell access will allow, or disallow the user to connect to the server via SSH
- AutoSSL – If the domain is pointed at the server, CWP will attempt to generate an SSL certificate, allowing the use of HTTPS without warnings, or additional configuration.
- Once all fields are filled out, hit “Create” to create the user account!
Once the process has completed, scroll down to the small text box marked ‘account details’ – Copy that information to a local text file, and save it for your records.
Now navigate to yourIP:2082, like logging into the admin area above, if your IP is 18.104.22.168 then we will enter the following in your browser window.
You will be presented with a login page, shown below. Enter your information present in the Account Details text file we saved a short while ago.
Congratulations! You are now signed into your CWP User Account Client Area!