Hostwinds suggest to Fetch your email in Gmail as opposed to setting up an email forwarder or alias to prevent your domain from being rate limited, blocked or very slow when checking email. This can happen if you receive SPAM and forward this to another email service provider as forwarding SPAM counts as sending SPAM
Fetch cPanel Email in Gmail
- On your computer, sign in to the Gmail account you want to import to.
- In the top right, click Settings and then Settings.
- Click the Accounts and Import or Accounts tab.
- In the “Check mail from other accounts” section, click Add a mail account.
- Type the email address of the other account, then click Next Step.
- Type your password.
- Recommended: Check the boxes next to the options below:
- “Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail”
- “Label incoming messages”
- Leave the other boxes unchecked.
- Click Add Account.