While Hostwinds does not offer direct support for third party applications such as Dreamweaver we do like to offer as much assistance as possible even for things we may not directly support. With that in mind we have compiled these steps to help you with configuring DreamWeaver to connect to your accounts here.
- Open Dreamweaver and click on ‘Site’ and then select ‘New Site.’
- You will be asked for a Site Name and can choose whatever you wish to name this connection.
- Click ‘Servers’ on the left hand side of the interface.
- Click the ‘+’ button to add a new server.
- Enter a server name.
- Next, you’ll connect using FTP. In the ‘Host’ area use the IP address associated with your service.
- The ‘Root Directory’ would be public_html for your main domain.
- Next, you’ll enter your username and password. These are the specific details related to the username for the hosting account. In shared hosting with us these would be your cpanel username and password. You can also create other FTP accounts within your hosting and use those credentials to connect.
- Click ‘More Options’ and then click ‘Use Passive FTP.’
- Save this information and then connect.
Once your have connected you can upload your site data directly via DreamWeaver.
As always, if you have any need for support please contact our 24/7 Live Chat so we can help you further.