What Is WordPress?
WordPress is one of the most popular CMSs (Content Management System) available today. It is also available as a free, automatic installation for all of our Shared, Business and Reseller hosting clients! Listed below is a step by step guide for logging into cPanel from your Hostwinds Client Area, and installing WordPress via the Softaculous Apps Installer.
How Do I Install WordPress with Softaculous?
- From your Hostwinds Client Area, select “Manage” next to the service plan that your domain is installed on.
- On the next page, select “Login to cPanel” from the left hand Actions menu.
- Once cPanel has loaded in a new tab, move to that tab, and scroll down to the “Software” section, and click “Softaculous Apps Installer”
- On the next page, under Top Scripts, click WordPress.
- On the next page, click “Install Now”
- Next you will need to fill out the required fields, to ensure your installation goes exactly as you want. Once all fields are filled out, click the “Install” button.
- Choose the protocol using http:// or https:// – If you select https:// and see an error, this is likely due to your domain being recently added to the cPanel account, AutoSSL will update the certificate within 24 hours.
- Select the correct domain name from the drop down menu
- Enter the directory, such as blog, or just set it to blank/empty. By entering blog, it will install WordPress to yourdomain.com/blog and leaving this blank will install and overwrite any files that are in yourdomain.com and your public_html folder.
- Enter the Site Name that will appear at the top of a browser when visiting your website
- Enter your Site Description if you would like to have a subtitle under your Site Name
- Enable Multisite if you would like to utilize this feature
- Enter the admin username other than admin
- Enter the admin password for your user by generating a strong password
- Enter the admin email address for notifications and alerts
- Select your preferred language
- Check the box to Limit Login Attempts
- Click the install button to complete the installation!
The installation process will be shown on screen, once completed you will be shown a summary, including a link to your newly installed WordPress site, as well as a link to your new WordPress dashboard log-in screen.
Your new WordPress installation will now be live and you will be able to log in to your WordPress Dashboard!
Helpful Related Articles