Hostwinds provides you with default nameservers for both your shared hosting and VPS/Dedicated server solutions. These are automatically registered with our registrar and valid working nameservers. At times, remote registrars such as GoDaddy have issues allowing these nameservers to be assigned to your domains that you have registered there. This is an issue on their end and the resolution for this is to register the nameservers with them to announce them to all foreign registries in their panel before assigning it to your domain there. The steps to do so are listed for you below.
To register your own custom DNS nameservers at GoDaddy:
- Visit the GoDaddy website and log in.
- Access the “Domain Manager” and click “Manage DNS” for the domain you want to edit the DNS settings on.
- Access Domain Manager
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Host names”.
- Click Host Names
- Click “Add” on the “Host names” page.
- Click Add
- Fill out the required fields and click “Add” when completed.
- Fill out Host and IP Address fields
- The page will display that the listing is now being added.
- Entry will display ‘adding’
- Add any additional entries as required.
- Entry will display \
- Once GoDaddy has completed verifying the entries, they will be editable.
As always, if you have any other questions or need assistance, please contact our 24/7 Live Chat and we’ll be happy to help you.