What is two-factor authentication?
Two-factor authentication is a way of confirming someone’s credentials through two methods. For example, you must provide a password on the website along with your username AND a text message will be sent to the phone you put on file when registering the account. Once you provide the pin code from your text message online you’ll have authenticated your information from two different sources.
How do I configure two-factor authentication on WHM?
To setup two-factor authentication on WHM, follow the guide below.
Here are 3 options for you:
- Google Authenticator – Android, Blackberry and iOS
- Duo Mobile – Android and iOS
- Authenticator – Windows Phone
How to configure two-factor authentication (OAUTH)
- Log in to your WHM account
- Head to Security Center > Two-Factor Authentication
- Click the ON/OFF switch to ON and enable the service
- The system will automatically configure your issuer information in the text box with your host name
- Click the Manage My Account tab
- Click the Set Up Two-Factor Authentication button
- You’ll be provided with two options, you only need to use one method
a.) QR Code – Scan with one of the apps we listed above
b.) Manual Configuration – Enter the account and Key information into the mobile phone application
- Mobile application will display a 6 digit security code
- Enter the 6 digit security code into the Security Code text box
- Click the Configure Two-Factor Authentication button
- Confirmation will appear if done properly