Increasing Max Upload Size in ZPanel
ZPanel servers by default only allow up to 2MB files to be uploaded. When importing a database you’ll likely have a database larger than this.
In this case, you’ll need to SSH into your server using an SSH client such as PuTTy. Once you’ve accessed your server via SSH, you may proceed with the following steps.
- Change the directory to the /etc directory
- Use a text editor such as nano to edit php.ini file
- Locate and change the following parameters to 100M
Upload_max_filesize = 100M Post_max_size = 100M
- You can find both parameters quickly by using CTRL + W in nano then entering in the name of each parameter that you’re looking for
- Once these values have been saved restart the apache web service using the following command
service httpd restart
This will allow the changes you made to the php.ini to take effect immediately.