Hostwinds offers Microsoft SQL Licenses for our Cloud VPS and Dedicated Server products.
To purchase a license, users can navigate to this link from their client area, and select the Microsoft SQL Server License.
You may also login to your account at https://clients.hostwinds.com and navigate to Services > Order New Services > Licenses to order any licenses.
We offer licenses for the following options –
Microsoft SQL Server Web – 2012, 2014, 2016
When purchasing your license, simply select the year that best suits your needs.
Then chose the number of CPU cores on the VPS or Dedicated server.
Note that there is a 4 core ($30 per month) minimum per Microsoft, and that virtual (hyperthreaded) cores on dedicated CPUs don’t count. Additional licensing for more cores may apply if you have more than 4 cores for your Cloud VPS or Dedicated Server.
For example, a 2 core VPS will choose 4 CPU Cores as that is the minimum number of cores for any licensing for Microsoft SQL Server Web.
Once ordered, submit a support ticket and our Support Technicians will install SQL Server on your server, along with the licensing.
- CPU/Memory Usage Reports Explained
- Is There A Limit to How Many IP Addresses I Can Have?
- How To Find Your Dedicated IP On Shared/Business Plans
- Monitoring Tools For Windows
- How To Run Python Web frameworks (Ubuntu 18.04)
- Add IPs to Your Network for Windows Servers
- Restart Service in WHM: SQL Server (MySQL)
- Custom Nameservers Using Create Private Nameservers
- What is the Difference Between Cloud and VPS?
- Dedicated Processor Difference