This guide is about restoring your databases from a backup. This guide is intended for clients who wish to restore their database using PHPMyAdmin.
If you want to do this, you’ll need to have access to cPanel such as with Hostwinds Shared Hosting and Business Hosting, Cloud, VPS or a Dedicated Server and be using cPanel. Having a good backup to restore from is crucial in case it is ever needed.
How To Do Restore a Database Using PHPMyAdmin
- Login into your cPanel account
- Navigate to the Databases section and click on PHPMyAdmin
- Click on the plus sign next to the database name
- Click on the import tab in the top row
- Click on the Choose File button to locate the backup file from your computer
- Click on the Go button
- Confirm that this was successful by reviewing the success message
- Database Backups Using a Cron Job – Set up a cron job to backup your databases
- Database Backup Using PHPMyAdmin – Backup your database using PHPMyAdmin
- Creating a MySQL Database – Create a new database through cPanel
If we can help you in any way, please submit a ticket, give us a phone call or join us in a Live Chat anytime. We are available 24/7/365 and we are dedicated to our client’s success; every client truly matters to us.