If you are hosting your SHOUTcast server where your Bandwidth is metered, or limited, you will want to make sure that you keep a watch on how much you are using and coordinate appropriately. That way you don’t lose out on any listeners when you plan to have a popular session. This can also be used to monitor your memory usage, in the event that you are noticing performance issue with what you are sending. Here we will explain the Bandwidth Monitor.
Where Is The Bandwidth Monitor Located?
This guide assumes that you have WHMSonic, which is an interface used to easily manage a SHOUTcast server.
- Log into your SHOUTcast control panel.
- When logged in, you will notice the side bar on the left with different pages / applications. In the possible options, choose Bandwidth Monitor under the Managements section.
- After clicking that, it will bring you to a page that shows you a brief overview of your Bandwidth Usage on your SHOUTcast server.
How To Use The Bandwidth Monitor
With the bandwidth monitor, you will notice that it shows how much bandwidth you have used per month although this may not be entirely useful if you are looking for a day by day comparison. You can subtract what was there before a session from what was displayed after to get an idea of how much was used that day. Here is what your Bandwidth Monitor may appear like;
This page will show what your current Traffic/Bandwidth limit is and is useful to make sure that you are not going to hit that point. This also shows Current Month Report and Total Yearly Report. These are very self explanatory in that they are the amount of bandwidth that has been used in the current month, and how much in the current year. Underneath those fields, you will notice the 12 months laid out. This will give you an overview of how much your bandwidth has changed over the recent months of the year. You can use this to make sure you are being conscious of how much bandwidth you are using over time. This can also be more easily seen in a graph on the Graphical Statistics page.
SHOUTcast Servers purchased through Hostwinds have unmetered traffic.
- SHOUTCast Overview – A brief overview of how the SHOUTCast Service can be used and more details about the specific plans that Hostwinds offers.
- SHOUTcast Graphical Statistics Overview – This article is a great description of what can be found on the Graphical Statistics page, and how you can use it to curate your content.
- How To Login To Your SHOUTcast Control Panel – Guide on how you can log into your SHOUTcast control panel
If you should have any questions or would like assistance, do feel free to contact us through Live Chat or by submitting a ticket with our Technical Support team.