How Do I Transfer/Migrate An Account Using cpmove?
You can transfer/migrate an account using cpmove by performing the following steps:
- Connect to the old server via an SSH terminal
- Run this command with cpanelusername being the username that you want to package and move
- An FTP or SFTP client can be used to perform the transfer, or you can choose to do it with rsync from SSH via the following command
1rsync -vrplogDtH -e “ssh -p PORT#DESTSERVER” /home/cpmove-CPANELUSERNAME.tar.gz root@TARGETIP:/home/cpmove-CPANELUSERNAME.tar.gz
After transferring, connect the destination server with an SSH terminal then run the following for each one of the accounts you wish to restore on the new server.
The filename of the backup must use one of the following formats:
In order for this feature to work, the backup or cpmove file must reside in one of the following directories:
Helpful Related Articles
- Hostwinds Migration Policy
- Transfer Email Accounts Between cPanel Servers
- How To Migrate Accounts From Another Non cPanel Environment
- What Is The Migration Process (Hostwinds)