How to create and attach a disk volume on a Windows server
In order to Fully Utilize a Volume attached to a Windows server on with Hostwinds Cloud Instances is to follow these steps:
- First of all, see this guide for creating or attaching volumes if you need help with doing so
- Next go to the device manager in windows, you should now see two virt-io devices, the second one is the new one
- Force populate the data, it should be similar to: disk1
- After Reboot – Go to the Windows partition manager and you should now see disk1, a blank disk.
Note disk0 is the windows boot drive do not format it.
- Create a partition, and format it as a simple NTFS volume and map it to a unused letter like D:
- You should now be able to see the mounted volume