WordPress is feature rich and has the ability to extend it’s capabilities through plugins and themes to suit many different types of needs. The core functions are aimed for publishers who want to add content to their website using an intuitive system designed around the user experience, and is widely used by many different types of websites, apps and Blogs. Free software like WordPress is flexible and able to be developed for many different needs.
- Mature and Stable – WordPress is in use by many of the new websites you see today to depend on an application that can fit their needs. It is critical to find a solution that will help you be successful online, and this has been the solution for many top companies
- Easy to use – It is incredibly easy to install WordPress and start using it to build your website. Administration tasks can be done through your Admin area to do things like;
- Add your own logo and customize the appearance of your website
- Configure your categories, images, and URL format
- Allow your website visitors to sign up for an account
- Build your website pages
- Add some posts
- Use the built in contact form so your visitors can contact you
- Content Management System (CMS) – Publishing your content to your website is done through adding Posts or Pages. Choose from a WYSIWYG Editor, distraction free mode to focus on your writing, and all of the built in tools when creating your content allows you to format your content, add images and tailor your page design and construction
- Social Awareness – Many sharing tools allow you to showcase your website and it’s content to your Twitter, Facebook, RSS Feeds and other social media platforms. If you are going to be investing time and energy into creating amazing content, it is worth considering marketing and sharing this well curated content with others to enjoy
- Tons of Support – There are going to be times when you run into an issue. With the support from Hostwinds and the forum support of the WordPress community, finding answers are less of a pain
- Developer Friendly – To recreate something with this many features and capability would take anyone quite a bit of time and energy. This could also significantly increase the cost of any project. Expanding WordPress with the many plugins and themes, or developing your own are ways in which you can cost effectively solve your own website needs and get started quickly.
- Maintenance – Hostwinds has taken efforts to ensure this is a breeze. Once you Shared or Business Hosting on your account, and install WordPress with a few clicks, auto upgrades are turned on by default. If you have any trouble with upgrading, we are here to help.
- Install WordPress using a WordPress template for your Cloud Instance
- Hosting WordPress on VirtualMin