WordPress can be run on any system that supports PHP, MySQL or MariaDB and HTTPS. As long as you are running these services on your system, you should be able to use WordPress. These requirements may change, so make sure to review the Server Requirements listed as this will continue to change and be updated.
How do I find my version of PHP, MySQL and MariaDB?
- Login into your account
- Find Server Information on the right side
- Review the versions of all the software on the server
- Find PHP Version by running php -v
- Find MySQL wersion by running mysql -V
- Find PHP version by running dpkg --list | grep php
- Find MySQL version by running dpkg --list | grep mysql
Is mod_rewrite enabled in Apache?
The best way to ensure this is enabled to is create a file named .htaccess using File Manager or your favorite text editor and place this into a sub directory, such as ~/public_html/testfolder. You can add the following lines to the .htaccess file and visit your test folder to make sure mod_rewrite is enabled:
Does Hostwinds offer HTTPs support?
Yes, of course. We highly recommend using an SSL on your websites. Order an SSL from your client area to start using the HTTPS.