As far as control panels go cPanel is a fairly common industry standard, however it comes at a cost. But what if you didn’t want to pay the fee or simply did not like cPanel, however still wanted to use a control panel? The answer is Virtualmin/Webmin! Like WHM/cPanel Virtualmin has a separate login pages to manage your server, website and even WebMail.
In Virtualmin the WebMail interface is called Usermin and the focus of this article is to teach you how to access this interface via the web based login page. This article implies that you have already installed Virtualmin, if you have not done so yet please take a look at the following article: How to install Virtualmin (CentOS 7).
How do I login to Usermin?
To access the Usermin login page you just need to follow a few simple steps that are outlined for you below. Let’s go through those now!
- Using your favorite web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Insert other browser here…) navigate to to yourdomain.tld:20000 replacing yourdomain.tld with your actual domain/website name
- You should be greeted with the Usermin login page similar to the following
- Enter in your login credentials
- Username – You can use a username that you created in Virtualmin or the root user
- Password – Use the password for the username that you selected or the root password if using the root user
- Click the Sign in button
- Upon successful login you should now see a page similar to the following
- To access your mail associated with the user select the Mail tab
That pretty much covers how to access Usermin and how to begin reading your email using this interface.