In the default settings, WHM is configured to automatically redirect to https on the server’s hostname when you access WHM, cPanel for any account and Webmail. When the hostname is set to our default names on creation this can cause some confusion. This is a setting that can be easily disabled with a few clicks in your WHM interface. This can only be applied to a VPS or dedicated server as you require root access to WHM to make these changes. This cannot be applied to any of our Shared or Business Hosting solutions.
Remove Redirect to Server’s Hostname
- First, log in to WHM as root
- You can do this using the information sent to you in your Account Information email using root as the user and the root password
- The URL in your browser would be https://<yourIPaddress>:2087
- Next, click on “Tweak Settings” in the column on the left, as shown in the image below:
- Next, from the “Tweak Settings” area, select the tab named “Redirection” as shown in the image below
- Now, we will turn off the default setting shown in the image below.
- This is what forces all cPanel traffic to SSL ports.
- This must be disabled to make changes to the redirect destination
- Finally, we will select the radial button for “Origin Domain Name” in both the available fields, as shown in the image below
- Now, just simply click on the “Save” button and your changes will be applied and the server will no longer redirect to the hostname by default
As always, if you have any trouble completing this or require any other assistance, please feel free to contact our support team and we will be happy to assist you further.