A Reseller account in WHM is an owner who creates and sells cPanel accounts to other users. When you become a Reseller, you purchase the system resources from Hostwinds. Once you own the resources, you distribute them among the cPanel accounts that you sell. You’re given a limited version of WHM that allows to you properly manage the cPanel accounts you sell.
Hostwinds clients who need access to WHM will want to purchase a Cloud VPS or Dedicated Server with a cPanel license to have access to WHM and full control over the settings. A cPanel license can be added during the Checkout process.
Here is a list of the typical functions that come with a WHM Reseller account:
- The tools necessary to create, delete and suspend cPanel accounts
- The ability to manage customer support requests through cPanel
- Permission to check the server information and status
- The tools necessary to manage and monitor your sites, including password resets
- Control over your client domain names and usernames
- Control over all of your domains’ DNS zones
- Ability to customize your hosting and control panel; skeleton directory and branding