If you have lost your Drupal admin login, You can use the follwing methods to reset your administrator password.
Method One: Email
- In your web browser, go to your Drupal login page.
- Click the “Request new password” link.
- In the “Username or e-mail address” box, enter the account’s username or the email address that is associated with it.
- Click the “E-mail new password” button.
- In the email that is sent from the steps prior, click the link to reset your password and follow the on-screen instructions.
Method Two: PhpMyAdmin
- Log into PhpMyAdmin, either through your control
panel,or by visiting your PhpMyAdmin URL.
- In the left-hand panel of PhpMyAdmin, click the Drupal database name.
- At the top of the page, click the “SQL” tab.
- Run the following SQL statement by typing the following in the query text box. (Swap out NewPassword for the password you would actually like to set.)
UPDATE users SET pass = MD5( 'NewPassword' ) WHERE uid = 1;
- You should not be able to log into Drupal as the administrator with the password you just set.