This guide will walk you through FTP server configuration, showing you how to choose and customize your FTP server's actions by walking you through Pro and Pure-FTPd configuration.
How do I Configure my ProFTPd or PureFTPd Server?
- Login to WHM
- Head to Home > Service Configuration > FTP Server Configuration
- You can also enter the word "service" into the search box
- In the first dropdown next to TLS Encryption Support, choose the setting you want:
a. Optional – Lets the user determine TLS Encryption use
b. Required (Command) – TLS Encryption will be required
c. Required (Command/Data) – TLS Encryption will be required, including on data transferred via the FTP server
- Choose the list for the SSL/TLS into the TLS Cipher Suite textbox
a. Note: A standard format list
b. Only should be changed if needed to be PCI Compliant
- Choose whether the user can anonymously log in to the FTP server.
- Please choose how many minutes the FTP connection can sit idle before automatically disconnecting from the server and input it here.
- Set Maximum Number of FTP Connections in the text with the total amount of connections allowed
- Set Maximum Connections Per IP
- Click the Save button