Using Virtualmin, you have the ability to backup any number of things, such as pertinent user data, databases and even configuration files. In this article we will show you how to backup your Virtualmin Configuration Files to ensure that your specific Virtualmin configuration can be stored somewhere off of the server for safekeeping.
We assume that you’ve already installed Virtualmin. If you have not, please refer to the following article: How to install Virtualmin (CentOS 7). You’ll also need to login to your Virtualmin control panel and have Webmin access.
If you’re not certain how to do this and require assistance, please refer to the article: How to login to Webmin. Once you’re logged in, please proceed with the following steps to begin backing up your Virtualmin Configuration files.
- Click on the Webmin section
- Click on the Backup Configuration Files module
- Click on the Backup now tab
- Select the Modules that you’d like to backup
- Select your preferred backup location
- For the purpose of this article we will be using the Local file option and the root directory
- When you’re satisfied, with your selection click the Backup Now button
Once the process is complete all of the configuration files that were selected should now be all backed up and ready for you to download to your local PC.
As always, if you have any further questions or need for assistance, please feel free to contact our 24/7 Live Chat and we’ll be happy to help you.