With Virtualmin you can set up an email autoresponder, which is essentially an automated reply that is sent to anyone emailing the account in which it is setup on.
The focus of this article will be to show you how to create an autoresponder for an email account within Virtualmin. This article implies that you have already installed Virtualmin, if you have not done so yet please take a look at the following article: How to install Virtualmin (CentOS 7). Before we get started you’ll need to login to your Virtualmin or Webmin account. If you’re not certain how to do this, or you like clicking links please review the following article, which covers: How to login to Webmin. Once you’re logged in and ready please proceed with the following steps to setup an autoresponder.
- Under the Virtualmin section select the domain from the dropdown menu that contains the email account for which you wish to create the autoresponder on
- Select the Edit Users option
- Select the name of the account where you’d like to set up the autoresponder
- Click the Mail forwarding settings option
- Under the Send automatic reply section click the checkbox next to Yes, respond with message ..
- In the text area beneath Yes, respond with message .. enter in the message that you’d like to send as the automated reply please note that you can use HTML elements here as well
- Once you’re satisfied with the message you have entered you can click the Save button
Once saved, the autoresponder will be in place for the email address or username that you have selected. Please note that this autoresponder will stay in place until you uncheck the checkbox next to Yes, respond with message ..