Virtualmin is a Webmin module that is typically used to manage multiple virtual hosts through a single interface, similar to cPanel. It supports multiple functions such as creating/managing Apache virtual hosts, MySQL database creation/management, generating DNS zones, managing mailboxes, and much more. Virtualmin/Webmin is an open source control panel that allows you to manage both your server and your websites with the familiarity and comfort of a GUI. In this article we will go over how to create an FTP account using Virtualmin’s very intuitive interface. This article implies that you have already installed Virtualmin, if you have not done so yet please take a look at the following article: How to install Virtualmin (CentOS 7).
How do I create an FTP account using Virtualmin?
Before we get started you’ll first need to login to Virtualmin/Webmin. If you’re not certain how to login to either Webmin or Virtualmin, please refer to the following guide: How to login to Webmin. Once you have logged in, you can proceed with the following step by step instructions to create an FTP account in Virtualmin.
- Select the domain that you’d like to add the FTP account to from the drop down menu
- Click Edit Users
- Select the Add a website FTP access user button
- Enter in the requested information
- Email address – Enter the FTP account name here
- Real name – Enter the FTP user name
- Password – Enter in your desired password for the account
- When you’re satisfied click the Create button
Congratulations your new FTP user should now be added and ready to use!