Custom boot actions are a great way that Virtualmin allows you to ensure that specific actions you’d like to be performed are executed with little to no intervention from you. This article will show you how to setup and define new custom boot up actions in Virtualmin. You’ll need to already have installed Virtualmin and be logged in with access to continue with the steps outlined below.
How Do I Setup a Custom Bootup Action in Virtualmin?
This process is fairly straightforward, as you can see from the following steps:
- Click on the Webmin section from the top
- Click on System from the list of available options
- Then select the Virtualmin Bootup Actions module to be brought to the management page for Bootup actions.
- Click on the Add a new bootup action button to add an action.
- In the Create Bootup Action interface, you can define the custom boot time or shutdown action
- Once you’re satisfied with the information that you have provided for the custom action, click the Create button
After the bootup action has been created successfully, it should now run automatically when your server boots on. This can be useful for running scripts or programs that are not typical services on your system.
If you should have any questions or would like assistance, do feel free to contact us through Live Chat, on our Phones, or by submitting a ticket with our Technical Support team.