Installing various types of software through the use of scripts can be very helpful for any server admin. Typically this process requires utilizing the Linux shell (command line) or something like Softaculous. However with Virtualmin you’re able to install scripts directly through the Install Scripts module that is built right into Virtualmin. Although there is a limit to the scripts that are available in the GPL (free) version of Virtualmin, the scripts that are available are fantastic! The focus of this article is to teach you how to utilize the Virtualmin Install Scripts module.
This article implies that you have already installed Virtualmin, if you have not done so yet please take a look at the following article: How to install Virtualmin (CentOS 7).
Before we get started you’ll need to login to your Virtualmin or Webmin account. If you’re not certain how to do this, or if you’re simply documenting all things Virtualmin, please review the following article, which should assist you with: How to login to Webmin. Once you’re logged in please proceed with the following steps that outline how to install scripts in in Virtualmin using the Install Scripts module.
- Under the Virtualmin section select the domain from the dropdown menu for which you’d like to install a script on
- Click the Install Scripts module
- You should now be on the Install Scripts page which depending on your version of Virtualmin will look similar to the following
- Select the Available Scripts tab
- Select the script that you’d like to execute by clicking the radio button next to the name of the script for the purpose of this article I have selected SquirrelMail
- Click the Show Install Options button
- Make any changes that you deem appropriate however the default options should be fine
- When you’re satisfied click the Install Now button