Virtualmin supports multiple functions such as managing all aspects of a user’s mailbox or account, and much more. Speaking of mailboxes, you can also set up email forwards within Virtualmin to have mail routed to separate email accounts on or off the server.
The focus of this article is to cover how you can set up an email forward through Virtualmin. This article implies that you have already installed Virtualmin, if you have not done so yet please take a look at the following article: How to install Virtualmin (CentOS 7). Before we get started you’ll need to login to your Virtualmin or Webmin account. If you’re not certain how to do this, or like me you enjoy a good mystery please review the following article, which covers: How to login to Webmin. Once you’re logged into Virtualmin, please proceed with the following steps.
Setup An Email Forwarder
- Under the Virtualmin section select the domain from the dropdown menu that contains the email account for which you’d like to set up forwarding
- Select the Edit Users option
- Click the name of the account that you’d like to set up with forwarding
- Select the Mail forwarding settings tab
- Click the checkbox next to Yes, forward to addresses
- In the text area beneath Yes, forward to addresses you can enter as many different email addresses that you’d like with each being on a new line
- Once you’re satisfied click the Save button
[notification type=”alert-warning” close=”false” ]Virtualmin’s own Documentation can be viewed here, and their specific documentation for “How to setup email forwarding” can be viewed here.[/notification]