White Label Hosting plans are a great place to start offering web hosting to your customers. This guide will help you with getting set up as a Hostwinds White Label Reseller.
After purchasing the White Label hosting plan, you will receive an email that will contain some basic information about your new White Label plan. This will include credentials to access the cPanel account for the hosting (where you will be able to store files that pertain to the site you will be reselling from), as well as the nameservers and IP of the hosting plan to point your domain to the new plan.
- New Hosting Service Information
- cPanel URL – This will be where you can login to the cPanel account associated with the White Label Plan.
- Username – Here will be the randomly generated cPanel username. These credentials can also be used to access the server through FTP.
- Password – This will be a randomly generated password associated with the cPanel account.
- Server Information
- Server Name – Here will be the Hostwinds server name that your White Label plan exists on.
- Dedicated IP – This will be the IP address that your White Label cPanel account is associated with. You can point your site to this IP, or use the nameservers below.
- Nameserver Information
- Nameserver 1 / 2 – These can be used to easily point the DNS for your domain to the cPanel account. (This will have preconfigured values for MX, TXT, CNAME and A records )
- Getting Started
- Under this section will be listed some guides on getting started with WHMCS on the White Label plan.
At first, you will only be able to access the cPanel account for your White Label hosting plan. This is because our Technicians would be manually setting up WHMCS on the Hosting plan, so that it works with our Reseller addon. There will be a ticket generated on the Hostwinds account that our Technicians will use to communicate to you when the setup has been finished.
From the Client Area, going to Support => Tickets will allow you to find the White Label Setup ticket. This will have the subject White Label Reseller Setup Required .
When the WHMCS has been setup successfully on the plan, and our Reseller module configured, you will receive a response indicating this, as well as providing generated login credentials to access the WHMCS admin dashboard. (These will be different from your Hostwinds, and the cPanel Login Credentials)
Obtaining Your WHMCS Reseller API Key
In the event you need to change your WHMCS Reseller API Key, or manually installing the Hostwinds WHMCS Reseller Addon, you can view and regenerate your API key from the Hostwinds Client Area.
While logged in, you can find and manage your API Keys from Hello, User => Manage API Keys .
From here, you will be able to copy the already generated API key, or regenerate to receive a new one.
How To Use the Hostwinds Reseller Addon
From the start, in your WHMCS there will be no products. To create these, to resell from Hostwinds, you would need to select the ones that you would like to create.
While Logged into your WHMCS Admin Dashboard, go to Addons => Hostwinds Reseller.
This will bring you to a page where you can update your API Key that ties the Addon to your Hostwinds account, or create the products that you want to resell.
To create products, click on the Green Create Products button. This will take you to a new page, that will have an expansive list of all the Hostwinds Products that you can resell. Click the Checkbox next to the ones you would like to resell, and at the bottom, click the Green Create Products button.
Afterwards, these new products will be created on your WHMCS installation, where you can manually edit their pricing, as well as the description and naming for the services.
- How To Use WHMCS Todo List – How you can utilize the To-Do List feature included with WHMCS to stay on top of tasks.
- How To Import Accounts From WHM Into WHMCS – If you have an existing cPanel / WHM Server with cPanel accounts, this guide will assist in converting them over to WHMCS Client Accounts.
- How To Use Email Marketing With WHMCS – How you can utilize WHMCS’ built in Email Marketer to expand your horizons and get new clients.