Please note, you will need to have a registered domain with Hostwinds to follow along with these instructions. If you already own a domain that is registered elsewhere, you will need to log into that registrar to make the similar changes with your domain name registrar. If you do not own a domain, you can check availability and pricing here.
Edit Domain Nameservers
- Provided you have one domain name or several domains registered at Hostwinds, you will start by logging into your Client Area.
- Next you will navigate to “Domains” >> “My Domains”
- Select the drop down to the far right of the domain you wish to edit and select “manage nameservers”
- Choose “use custom nameservers” and fill in the nameservers you wish to use.
- When complete, please ensure you click on “change nameservers” to save the edited changes.
- Once done, you would only need to await propagation to complete and this can take up to 24 to 48 hours in some cases. (What is DNS Propagation?)