Please note, you will need to have a registered domain with Hostwinds to follow along with these instructions. If you already own a domain that is registered elsewhere, you will need to log into that registrar to make the similar changes with your domain name registrar. If you do not own a domain, you can check availability and pricing here.
Edit Domain Nameservers
- Provided you have one domain name or several domains registered at Hostwinds, you will start by logging into your Client Area.
- Next you will navigate to “Domains” >> “My Domains”
- Select the drop down to the far right of the domain you wish to edit and select “manage nameservers”
- Choose “use custom nameservers” and fill in the nameservers you wish to use.
- When complete, please ensure you click on “change nameservers” to save the edited changes.
- Once done, you would only need to await propagation to complete and this can take up to 24 to 48 hours in some cases. (What is DNS Propagation?)
[notification type=”alert-success” close=”false” ]DNS Nameservers will contain the DNS information for your domain name. Once you change your nameservers, all DNS records will be managed through your Authorative nameserver provider so it is important to confirm with your web hosting provider the correct nameservers to use before making any changes to your domain’s nameservers to prevent downtime for your website and email services.[/notification]