What is Business Hosting?
Business hosting is a web hosting package on a server that’s shared between other users who have purchased a business hosting package.
These packages provide an affordable solution for individuals or businesses setting up their online presence.
With business hosting, you share the server’s resources (CPU, RAM, Disk Space, etc) and are restricted from making server-wide changes. That’s why the cost of business hosting is drastically lower than that of a Cloud Instance or Dedicated Server.
Which Products are Considered Business Hosting?
All of the following hosting plans fall under business hosting:
- Basic Business Hosting: Allows for a single domain to be hosted
- Advanced Business Hosting: Allows for 4 total domains to be hosted
- Ultimate Business Hosting: Allows for unlimited domains to be hosted
The number of domains allowed to be hosted is the only difference between the 3 packages.
Here’s some basic, but important information about our Business Servers:
- Each Business Server houses a maximum of 50 accounts
- All Business Servers share the same configurations and optimizations
- Business hosting offers a highly optimized Litespeed Web Server
- You’re able to choose which PHP version you’d like to use on a per-domain basis (PHP versions available: 5.6, 7.0, 7.1, 7.2)
- PHP Memory Limit: 512MB
- Complete Access to Softaculous Auto Installer (Ability to install several hundred applications with one click! (Such as WordPress)
All of our business hosting plans provide the following:
- Unlimited Disk Space
- Unlimited MySQL Databases/Users
- Unlimited Email Accounts
- Unlimited FTP Accounts
- Unmetered Bandwidth
- Unlimited Subdomains
- CGI Access
- Dedicated IP (at no extra cost)
- Maximum Hourly Email by Account: 250
- Parked Domains disabled
- inode limits: 600,000
Business Servers run the latest version of CloudLinux 7 with cPanel.
Does Hostwinds Offer Site Migrations?
Yes! Once you’ve ordered your package, submit a support ticket requesting a website migration. You’ll need to provide us with your previous hosting details (Hosting package logins) and our support staff will perform the following:
- Fully migrate your account to your Hostwinds service
- Test locally to ensure that the migration was completed successfully and without any errors
- Update you once completed, confirming it’s safe to switch your nameservers over to your new hosting package
Note: Not sure how to update your nameservers? Let us know! We can do it for you if your domain is already registered with Hostwinds. If not, simply provide us with your registrar’s login details and our support staff can perform this change for you.
Advanced Website Monitoring
Always be the first to know exactly what’s going on with your website. From immediate alerts to detailed reports, we’ll keep you aware of your site’s status.
- We Monitor your Website 24/7
- A support ticket is automatically opened on your behalf if your website goes offline or doesn’t load correctly.
Make sure your data is safe. Our Shared Backup service include plans for crashes and other holdups. We’re here to make sure your hard work isn’t lost.
- Base Price: $3 per month
- Monthly Storage Price: $0.015 Per GB ($15 Per TB)
- You’re provided direct access to your backed up data.
What are My Upgrade Options?
You can upgrade and downgrade easily between the 3 available packages (Basic, Advanced and Ultimate). Upgrades and downgrades will occur instantly and require zero interaction by support staff to be completed.
Note: Downgrading to a plan with less available domains than what you presently have on their account will result in issues with the downgrade process. Your domains may stop resolving.
Example: You have 15 domains setup with the Ultimate plan and decide to downgrade to the Advanced plan. But this plan only allows 4 total domains (1 main domain, + 3 addon domains). So before downgrading, you should remove domains you aren’t going to be using in cPanel. You should only have 4 domains before actually downgrading. Otherwise you risk 11 of them to stop working.
Can Users Upgrade to Other Plans?
Yes, but not directly. These would be considered as cross-plan upgrades and you’d need to order the new service separately.
Which plans can I upgrade to?
- HDD Cloud Linux
- SSD Cloud Linux
- Dedicated Server
You can upgrade to any of the above plans. With business hosting, you’d get more speed since our Business servers utilize the LiteSpeed Web Server and offer additional PHP memory.
You can also upgrade to either of our Cloud Linux plans (SSD/HDD) or even a dedicated server if your website needs large amounts of resources.
Note: Windows is not an upgrade option path, as cPanel business hosting is based on Linux. you can upgrade to Windows, but cross-OS migrations are not supported by our support staff.
Will Hostwinds Assist Me with My Upgrade?
Absolutely! As long as the plan selected is a fully managed plan, Hostwinds will be able to fully complete your upgrade to your product of choice. Do note, that you’ll need to purchase a cPanel license if upgrading to a Cloud or Dedicated server. A cPanel license costs $13 for Cloud instances and $35 for Dedicated Servers.
What if I Don’t Want cPanel?
You can choose to use an alternative control panel or use our LAMP stack application template on a Cloud instance. If you want all the features and options you have with cPanel however, we suggest sticking with the control panel you are familiar with.