To prevent accidental cancellations, we have updated the process to include a final confirmation. To cancel you would start by logging in to your Client Area. From there you would want to:
- Find the service you wish to cancel on the main page and click the”Manage” button to the right of it.
- On the next page, you will find the “Actions” options and will need to click on “Request Cancellation” and follow the prompts from there.
- This will generate a ticket with the subject “Hostwinds Account Cancellation” that will include instructions in bold text along with a prepared statement. You will need to copy and then paste that prepared statement as a reply to the ticket, to complete your cancellation.
- All tickets do also generate an email alert that when replied to, will update your ticket automatically.
- A cancellation cannot be considered valid until step three (3) is completed. If this is not done before your due date, you will not be refunded for any renewals made.
- The above steps are the only method to cancel a service with us.
Can I Cancel By Phone or a Live Chat?
Due to our commitment to protecting your services, data they hold and your finances involved, we cannot make account changes based on phone calls or live chat regarding billing matters. Because of this, we would never be able to cancel a service or disable renewal of a domain based on communication over the phone or through live chat.
What if I Want the Service Until the End of My Billing Cycle?
All cancellations are processed as soon as possible when the cancellation process is completed. If the goal is to cancel the service closer to the end of the paid for cycle, you can always cancel the service the day before the due date. Just be sure to have all three steps to the cancellation done before 12:00 AM PST on the due date
How do I Cancel a Domain?
Technically Domains cannot be canceled, however, you can disable their renewal by following the instructions in this Article. This will both prevent invoices from being created and remove any pending ones.